Friday, March 25, 2011

Pecha Kucha Canberra

Last night I was one of eight presenters at Canberra's ninth Pecha Kucha night. I really enjoyed the night and, once again, was honoured to be among so many creative and passionate people.



I offered my theory that nothing lasting or significantly will come out of our current political leaders because they cannot tell a story and they do not have any poetry in their voices. This is in stark contrast to previous leaders, such as Bob Hawke and Paul Keating. Even John Howard told compelling stories. Until we get leaders who can speak convincingly, with narrative and imaginative language, we will not get the changes Australia needs to meet our current and future challenges.

I will post the whole talk in a couple of days, once I have finished transcribing it. In the meantime I recommend you check out the link above and some of the amazing people who also spoke last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment