Monday, November 16, 2015

Indiefeed Performance Poetry

Today, I achieved a life goal: one of my poems was featured on the Indiefeed Performance Poetry podcast.

Wess Mongo Jolley created the Indiefeed Performance Poetry podcast in 2006. Since then, he has posted over 1500 recordings of the world's best performance poets and spoken word artists. Sadly, the blog will be ending in January 2016, as Mongo moves on to other projects. It will remain, however, an invaluable resource for lovers and creators of poetry.

The Indiefeed blog has been part of my life ever since I started performing spoken word. I have listened diligently for the past seven years, frequently being moved to tears and inspired to write at the same time, often on international flights. Indiefeed introduced me to many of my heroes of poetry and showed me how vast the spoken word world is.

All of these things make it particularly heart-warming that my poem, "Red Hands on Red Charts" has been featured as episode 1571. This recording features DJ Gosper, the incredible Canberra blues artist, and was recorded, mixed and mastered by Michael-John Stratford at Yurt 66 Studio.

This is one of two poems I recorded with DJ. I hope they will be part of an album I am putting together for release in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment